Medford NJ Medford NJ New Jersey
Medford NJ Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2006 Rid Medford of the tacky signs polluting the roadways

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Medford NJ New Jersey Forum Index -> Make Medford Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dede0907@aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: 2006 Rid Medford of the tacky signs polluting the roadways Reply with quote

The township is not enforcing the signage ordinance so that is one of the reasons that it is so out of control. Merchants and Realtors don't want to spend the money advertising so they stick these tacky foam and wire frame signs in the ground. In our neighborhood of Village Point, the FSBO signs and Realtor signs continue to break the ordinance of one sign per listing. Despite the fact that the neighbors have been informed about the ordinance, they continue to allow multiple signs to be posted at the entrance and exit of the community. Some have even included directional signs on the common areas owned by the residents.
The second reason the signs keep appearing is that they are cheap and easy for drivers to see.
They are cluttering our charming town with no regard of the esthetics.
I hope the Mayor and Council take some responsibility in cleaning this eyesore up and returning our landscape to a country setting.
Webmaster
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dede,
I agree completely. It's very inexpensive to advertise by placing signs along the road. Once one business does it, others give it a try. Since there seems to be no enforcement in Medford, and no one removing the signs, we keep seeing more and more signs. These signs are like miniature billboards. Except the business pays no rent for the space.

You are right - realtors have been contributing to the problem. Instead of only placing a "for sale" sign on the property for sale they now place signs down the street pointing to the property.

I've been taking some pictures... if it doesn't get taken care of soon I will make a collage to embarrass people into taking action. I'll try to get a hold of our Town Council to see what they intend to do. I believe in working WITH the powers that be. So let's make sure they are aware of the problem, then give them a chance to help us solve it.

Tom
Joedints

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And maybe the schools can take down the rest of the signs they plastered all over the roads before the election too....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Medford NJ New Jersey Forum Index -> Make Medford Better All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: